A photo frame is the perfect way to display and protect your treasured images and photographs. Frameshop makes every single photo frame to order in Australia. With over 25 years experience, you can expect the highest quality and accuracy in our photo frames. Our photo frames are available in all of the industry's standard sizes, with a few more thrown in the mix. We've discounted our photo frames making them some of the cheapest professionally made frames available in Australia. All our frames are either quality timbers or synthetics and sourced from Australian suppliers.
We created a system to make it easy to buy photo frames online, and with a live preview you can be sure to know what to expect when you order! The image you see will size itself to keep in ratio with the frame you choose. That means you'll know how wide a frame will look on your photos so you can make the perfect choice for your wall!
At Frameshop, we've been making and selling Australian made photo frames online for over a decade. We've got incredible amounts of experience behind us to make sure that your photos and artworks are framed to the highest standard, at the best possible price. If you find it difficult to choose a photo frame, or you'd like to hear some suggestions to give your images that extra special touch, you can contact us and we'll be happy to help!
Photo Framing Materials
Our photo frames are made of several quality components:
- A frame of your choice
- 2mm Clear Glass
- 3mm MDF Backing
- Flexi-nails for changing photos
- A custom stand back and/or metal hangers based on the size selected.
Photo Frames Size Guide
Use this guide to help choose the correct frame for your image or photos.
Correct sizing is just as important as choosing a good frame for your images and artwork. Here are a few important notes to make sure that you get the perfect size frame for your image.
When purchasing photo frames, we provide a large range of standard sizes to accommodate the huge range of images and artworks that photographers and artists create. A standard size is an industry accepted measurement (usually in inches) that is commonly used for printing photos, artworks and images. We cater to all industry accepted standard sizes for photos and then some. We also offer custom picture framing for all the sizes in between or larger.
All photo frames will have a rebate of approximately 3-5mm depending on the frame moulding. This means that there will be an overlap of the frame onto your picture of about 3-5mm on all sides.
The example image below shows a visual representation of the size guide. We build our frames around your photo or image size, if you require a specific finished size please contact us before placing an order. All of our photo frames can be displayed portrait or landscape, our stand backs work perfectly in both orientations and we also use metal hangers for both directions, unless otherwise specified.
Available Standard Sizes
- 4 x 6 inch
- 5 x 7 inch
- 6 x 8 inch
- 8 x 10 inch
- 8 x 12 inch
- 10 x 10 inch
- 10 x 13 inch
- 11 x 14 inch
- 12 x 12 inch
- 12 x 16 inch
- 14 x 14 inch
- 16 x 16 inch
- 16 x 20 inch
- 18 x 24 inch
- 20 x 20 inch
- A2 frames
- A3 frames
- A4 frames
- A5 frames
How to order a photo frame onlineWe've made the process as simple as possible:
- Select the size of your image
- Select a frame that suits your image
- Click on the Add to Cart button
And you're done! Once you've selected the size you are after, try out a variety of our photo frames to suit your image and decor.
How do I mount my picture into a photo frame?
Mounting or fitting your image is incredibly simple with Frameshop's flexi-nail solution. Using high quality bendable nails to hold your MDF backing in place you can easily open and replace images. Be sure to take care when dealing with glass and the nails
- Bend back all the flexi-nails, a flat head screw driver or a staple remover will do the trick
- Remove the MDF backing (taking care of the glass)
- Insert your picture into place
- Replace the MDF backing
- Bend all the nails back down in place
That's all it takes! You can replace photos and images as many times as you like making your photo frames a long term solution.
How do I clean and care for my Photo Frame?
Treasured memories should always be kept as clean as possible, but even the best of us can't stop dust from settling on our loved ones. There are few steps to take when cleaning a photo frame, and also a few things to avoid!
- Using water/cleaner sprays.
- Spraying has a higher risk of the solution seeping in between the frame and glass which could damage the matboard or image inside.
- Using harsh or overly dry wiping tools.
- These can potentially scratch the frame.
- Hanging your frames in areas of high humidity or bathrooms with showers
- Humidity and steam can damage your images, matboards and frame. Be sure to ask us for tips when choosing frames for bathrooms.
- Remove your frame from your wall or desk and place in a safe, clean area.
- Begin by wiping off dust with a lint-free or microfiber cloth.
- Dampen the cloth with a little water and lightly wipe the frame to get any grime or
out of the grains
- Be sure to dry the frame quickly
- Dampen another piece of the cloth with glass cleaner and lightly wipe the glass.
- Ensure you do not let water/any solution seep through to the image
- Dry quickly after wiping
- Check the frame for any more areas of dust/dirt and repeat the process. Use a handheld light to help spot fingerprints!
We aim to ship our custom frames within 2 business days of the order coming through. Please note printing, matting and mounting options will add 1-2 business days to the production time. Depending on the location and size of the order shipping times can vary greatly, if you require anything urgently please contact us.
If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of the product you purchase from Frameshop, you may return it within 7 days of the receiving date, for a full refund for the price of the product.
All expenses associated with transportation of returns are the responsibility of the customer.
If you have made the wrong choice of frame or size, please contact us to negotiate a solution.
You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are received damaged. Please retain all packing materials and product.
Please send an email in advance before returning suspected damaged items, as we may be able to rectify the problem.
Glass can not be replaced as it won't make it on its own. Instead we can offer refund of glass price charged and you may obtain one locally or we can send a piece of clear acrylic (Perspex). The clear acrylic is durable and travels to any destination without the risk of breakage. Once it is in the frame there is no visible difference between the acrylic and clear glass. Our acrylic is of a very high quality and will not distort or become cloudy.